If you want the plants in your garden to thrive, you need to invest in the best soil pH tester. Adding fertilizers to the soil is vital to keep your plants healthy and robust. But, often you do not know whether the soil has a sufficient amount of nutrients for the plants to flourish.
And, there are people who dive into gardening and planting without any real knowledge about the soil. This can affect the growth of the plant. This is where a soil tester can help.
Table of Content
- 1 Top 10 Best Soil pH Test Kit list
- 2 The 10 Best pH Testers for Soil – Product Reviews
- 2.1 Soil Savvy Soil Test Kit
- 2.2 Jellas 3-in-1 Soil Tester Kit
- 2.3 Sonkir Soil pH MS02 3-in-1 Meter
- 2.4 AKEfit 3 in 1 Soil pH Meter
- 2.5 Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Testers
- 2.6 XLUX 3-in-1 Soil Tester Meter
- 2.7 Jellas Soil pH Meter 3-in-1
- 2.8 Luster Leaf 1601 Rapitest Soil Test Kit
- 2.9 General Tools DSMM500 Precision Digital Soil Moisture Meter
- 2.10 Luster Leaf 1662 Professional Soil Test Kit
- 3 Conclusion
Top 10 Best Soil pH Test Kit list
|Soil Savvy - Soil Test Kit | Understand What Your Lawn...||320 Reviews||Check price|
|Jellas Soil Moisture Meter - 3 in 1 Soil Tester Kit...||15 Reviews||Check price|
|Sonkir Soil pH Meter, MS02 3-in-1 Soil...||2,487 Reviews||Check price|
|AKEfit Soil pH Meter, 3 in 1 Soil Test Kit for...||10 Reviews||Check price|
|Luster Leaf Pack of 3 Rapitest Soil Testers||39 Reviews||Check price|
|XLUX Soil Tester Meter, 3-in-1 Test Kit for Moisture,...||129 Reviews||Check price|
|Jellas Soil pH Meter 3-in-1 Soil Moisture Meter...||36 Reviews||Check price|
|Luster Leaf 1601 Rapitest Test Kit for Soil pH,...||2,380 Reviews||Check price|
|General Tools DSMM500 Precision Digital Soil Moisture...||4 Reviews||Check price|
|Luster Leaf 1662 Professional Soil Test Kit with 40...||20 Reviews||Check price|
A soil test kit helps you identify the nutrients you have to add that can raise the pH levels to normal. And, having a soil test kit handy can improve your gardening efforts dramatically.
You can decide the acidity and alkalinity levels of the soil and the right amount of nitrogen, potassium, phosphorous and other nutrients you need to add to the soil. You will know which plants are absorbing the fertilizers you add and which are not. And, some soil testing kits also guide you on the amount of sunlight needed for the plants.
Thus, with a soil testing kit, you can actually make your gardening efforts a big success, even if you are a newbie or do not have a green thumb. But, with so many models and brands available in the market, you are bound to be overwhelmed. To help you choose, we have come up with a list of the best soil test kit brands available. The list will help you decide the best test kit for your garden.
The 10 Best pH Testers for Soil – Product Reviews
Soil Savvy Soil Test Kit
Want to know a complete analysis of your soil just as professional landscape managers and agricultural producers do? The Soil Savvy Soil test kit is a professional grade soil test kit that is easy to use.
You can effortlessly test your soil and get a complete report on the state of nutrients in your soil with Soil Savvy. More importantly, you can also get a solid recommendation of the fertilizers you need. Some important features of this kit include:
- A complete soil test report that comprises of soil pH analysis and 14 different nutrients, including nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and more.
- The kit comprises of all necessary tools for soil testing and a detailed instruction on how to use the kit.
The soil pH test kit is just what you need if you are looking at a sustainable fertilizer management approach. You can keep your plants flourishing nice and good with the right amount of nutrients added to your soil.
The comprehensive report you receive on the exact needs of the specific soil type you have is certainly a big advantage. It makes your gardening simpler and more satisfying than ever.
- The results help gain a solid plan on the type of fertilizer and care your garden, lawn, or landscape soil needs
- Soil kit is simple to use
- Results on soil analysis arrive within a week
- Does not provide a lime recommendation, instead, you have to calculate the lime percentage from the pH result
- Price is a bit expensive
- Does not help to test the soil at home, you have to mail the test sample and wait for the result
- Samples from all areas of your garden are needed for a thorough testing
Jellas 3-in-1 Soil Tester Kit
If you particular about the right sunlight, soil and water needs of your plants, buying the Jellas Soil pH meter may make a good shopping choice. This is a best soil pH meter that is designed as a three in one test kit that tests the moisture level, sunlight, and pH needs of your soil.
With the kit, you will know the right amount of water, sunlight, and nutrients needed. You can adjust pH with the test result and a good feature in this pH test kit is it does not need batteries.
You can use it on your indoor and outdoor plants. You have to just insert the probe into the soil to about 4 inches and switch on the test you need. Important features include:
- Reads accurately the moisture range from a scale of 1 to 10 where the low level stands for dry, the medium range for normal and the higher range for wet soil.
- Measures relative light from a range of 0 to 2000 lux.
- pH range is from 3.5 to 8 pH
- The test kit is light in weight and easily portable hence can be used indoors and outdoors for the care of your plants, grass, and trees in your garden, farm, and lawn.
- The sensor is perfect for people who are new to gardening and are unaware of the right amount of water their plants need
- The difference in the soil can be seen in a few days of following the test results and recommendation
- Does not need batteries for operating
- Is useful for plant care in farms, lawn, garden, and indoor plants
- The tip corrodes soon if left in the soil for long periods of time
- Is not ideal for bonsai gardening
- pH is not accurate enough
- The meter is too large and can be used only for bigger plants and topples over when used for the smaller pots.
Sonkir Soil pH MS02 3-in-1 Meter
Digital soil pH meter reviews are incomplete without featuring the Sonkir MSO2 pH meter review. Sonkir Soil pH meter is a three in one kit that is ideal for testing pH value besides moisture and sunlight levels of your soil.
With this soil test kit, you will be able to plan the amount of nutrients, water, and sunlight that your plants need. The soil pH meter boasts of the following features:
- Top quality detection technology with a double needle for enhanced accuracy and speed of detection and analysis of various essential aspects in plant care including moisture, pH and sunlight levels.
- It is easy to use. You have to just insert eh sensor probe inside soil, toggle the switch to test the sunlight, pH or moisture you need to measure and you get a reading in just a few minutes. In case of dry soil, the pointer does not swing indicating you need to water the plant.
- Is light in weight and hence can be easily used anywhere in your garden, indoor plants, farm or lawn.
- 12-month money back warranty
- Batteries are not needed thus the soil test kit is a big money saver
- Light in weight and portable
- Is fast in providing results
- The light meter is useful mostly for indoor plants only.
- The readings are not accurate
- Kit quality is not good
AKEfit 3 in 1 Soil pH Meter
AKEfit soil pH meter is another 3 in on pH test kit that is designed to give you a complete report on the exact condition of your lawn and garden. This is the best home soil test kit as it is not only very effective in testing soil but also does not need an electric outlet or battery to function.
You have to just insert the meter into the soil and the readings are ready in an instant. With the meter, you need not worry about whether your plants are getting enough sunlight, water, or nutrients. Some important features of this kit include:
- The tool has three calibration tables in different colors to make it easy to view and read.
- The design is compact and can be used indoors and outdoors due to its high portability.
- Does not need electricity or batteries for functioning
- Is ideal for use by gardeners and for home use for growing fruits, vegetables, shrubs, lawn and more
- Easy to read colors and design
- The probe is very delicate and can easily break if accidentally inserted into the dry or rocky soil
- The probes can corrode easily, if not cleaned after every use
Luster Leaf Rapitest Soil Testers
If you are looking for an affordable and effective soil testing kit, the Luster Leaf soil tester pack may be the right one for you. It is, in fact, the best way to test soil pH with its smart pH testing design.
The test kit is, however, just for testing pH of soil and for the levels of nutrients, including Potassium, Phosphorus, and Nitrogen. This Rapitestkit is different from the above-mentioned models but is as easy to use as the others. The important features of this test pack include:
- The test pack contains a total of 10 tests with four for testing pH and two testers each for testing Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium.
- The test kit consists of 5 test tubes with color codes. The results are determined by comparison of the colorimetric test results with the comparison chart provided.
- The color-coded soil test kit is very easy to use
- Results are pretty accurate
- Easy to understand instructions
- Digging up the dirt samples, adding capsule powder, mixing and waiting for the results is very cumbersome.
- The test tubes are tiny making it difficult to collect the samples
XLUX 3-in-1 Soil Tester Meter
When it comes to caring for plants in your garden it pays to know when to change the lighting, adjust the pH and water the plants. Failing in any one of these three aspects can affect your plants, lawn grass or vegetable garden. This is why you need an all in one soil testing kit like the Xlux soil tester.
This model is one of the best lawn soil testing kits available. The three in one soil testing kit helps to test the pH levels, light, and moisture needed for your plants. It consists of a convenient 3-way meter that provides you the required moisture, light, and pH readings. Some important features of the kit include:
- A three-way meter that you need to just plug into the soil you want to test and get the reading instantly.
- The readings for the moisture range from 1 indicating dry soil to 10 indicating moist soil.
- Light reading ranges from 0 which indicates low light to 2000 which denotes very intense light.
- The pH readings start from pH3.5 which indicates an acidic value to pH8 which indicates the basic nature of the soil.
- The product has 18 months warranty where the manufacturer takes care of the issues related to quality with refund or replacement.
- The soil test kit does not need batteries or electricity. It is portable and hence ideal for outdoor and indoor use.
- This is ideal for newbies and gardening enthusiasts as it prevents over or under watering of plants.
- Water schedule can be done better with the help of the pH test kit
- Very convenient and easy to use
- The display gets fogged by moisture in just a few days of use
- The quality is not good.
- Moisture reading is not accurate
Jellas Soil pH Meter 3-in-1
Whether gardening is a hobby for you or you are into it full time, soil testing is an important part you cannot ignore. With a balanced pH, moisture, and lighting levels, your work of growing fruits, vegetables, plants and trees becomes easier. This is especially true when you have a hold all soil test kit for analyzing the soil like Jellas 3 in 1 soil pH meter.
Designed to help you know the exact condition of the soil, the test kit helps you control the acidity level, monitor moisture level and verify if your plants are getting sufficient amount of sunlight for growing and flourishing. The important features of this test kit include:
- The toggle switch that helps you to find the exact pH, light and moisture level.
- The probe is plunged into the soil and when the toggle switch is used it gives you the present reading without the need for batteries.
- The moisture is indicated from a scale of 1 to 10, the light level is indicated by a range of 0 to 2000 lux and pH from 3.5 to 8 pH.
- The kit is ideal for indoor and outdoor plants providing accurate readings to ensure you keep the plants healthy and blossoming always
- The kit comes with a 45-day refund warranty and 18 months warranty period for fixing quality issues.
- Selecting the different modes is easier with the toggle switch
- Readings are quick
- Price is affordable
- The parts are not of good quality and break easily
- The readings are not accurate.
Luster Leaf 1601 Rapitest Soil Test Kit
If you are looking for a budget soil test kit that is convenient and innovative at the same time, the Luster Leaf 1601 model is a good choice. This lawn test kit pack includes home test kit for testing pH of soil, Potassium, Phosphorous, and Nitrogen.
The design is simple and the extensive but easy to understand instructions make the kit ideal for newbies. You can easily compare the colors with the color chart provided. Some important features of the test kit include:
- The kit includes all necessary components for 40 soil tests which comprise of 10 tests each for N, P, K pH.
- The pH preference list for more than 450 plants is provided in the instruction chart
- Contains patented color comparing system that helps compare any of the tests with the chart printed in specific color codes.
- The luster leaf is the best companion for a gardener as it helps identify the faults, amend and add the appropriate fertilizer for the soil. Thus healthy and flourishing plants are guaranteed with the kit.
- The test kit is easy to use
- Reliable test kit
- Suits for beginners and professionals
- The test results take time and hence the kit is not ideal, if you want immediate results
- Vials provided are too tiny making it difficult to empty them
- The vials are too light making them easy to topple when you empty or fill them.
- The results are not very precise
General Tools DSMM500 Precision Digital Soil Moisture Meter
If you are looking for commercial grade moisture testing meter the General tools DSMM500 moisture meter probe may be an ideal choice for you. This soil analysis kit is designed to suit professional and agricultural use too.
The electronic testing tool is made of a robust probe that helps in precise moisture content testing. The meter is battery operated. It needs 4 AAA batteries, which are not part of the toolkit. The important features of this moisture testing meter include:
- A heavy duty soil testing probe of 8 inches
- The meter has maximum memory and meter reading data hold
- The measurement range of the probe is 0 to 50% and resolution or accuracy of measurement is +/- /0.1%
- The meter is CE and RoHS certified
- IP65 water resistance
- The time taken for sampling is 0.8 seconds
- Measurements are accurate
- IP65 and RoHS and CE certification
- Top quality probe
- Needs 4 batteries for operating
Luster Leaf 1662 Professional Soil Test Kit
If you are in search of a professional grade soil testing kit for classroom or professional use, the Luster Leaf 1662 may be what you are looking for. The kit provides a good idea of the condition of your soil so that you give your plants the right soil mixture for an enhanced growth.
Luster Leaf 1662 is a professional soil testing kit that is affordable and ideal for classroom use. As one of the best soil analyzers in the market, this kit is designed to give a thorough soil testing and comes with detailed instructions on using the soil kit. The pack is very affordable and comes in a good quality plastic carrying case. Important features of the professional kit include:
- The package features equipment and liquid testing reagents for a total of 40 tests.
- The tests include 10 soil pH tests, 10 each for testing Nitrogen, Potassium, and Phosphorus.
- The pack can be carried easily in the plastic carrying case, which also doubles up as a storage case.
- The kit is quite effective for plant hobbyists as well as regular home gardeners. With the kit, you can check soil efficiency many times during the important growing phase of plants.
- Affordable price
- Instructions are easy to read and use
- Results are fairly accurate
- The filter is not of good quality. Breaks easily within a few times of using it
- You need to go for a minimum of 4 inches depth into the ground to get an accurate reading.
Soil testing kits are a significant addition to your gardening essentials if you want your garden, lawn, or farm to flourish. The big advantage with the soil testing kits is they are easy and simple to use.
You can know what your plants need and make the adjustments so that they stay well-nourished during their growth phase. An ideal soil testing kit needs to have easy to understand instructions on how to use and store it when it is not in use. You also need to know how to calibrate it to arrive at the right solution.
Of the various soil tests listed above, you will find that all of them meet the basic criteria. If you want an affordable, multipurpose, and easy to use soil testing kit, then the three in one models are ideal for you. On the other hand, if you want to just check the soil pH level and P, K, N levels, then the Luster Leaf models are pretty efficient and come with good ratings.
All the products in our list are from reliable gardening brands, so you can be assured of finding them meeting your soil testing needs admirably. We hope our review list clears all your doubts regarding the best soil testing kit so that you can easily decide the right testing kit for your garden and enjoy the results.