Are you looking for the best magnesium supplement for your horse? Magnesium Sulfate or Epsom Salt is increasingly becoming a common supplement for horses. Magnesium, as a vital mineral, is known to play a vital role in the overall nerve as well as muscle function of the horse’s body. Magnesium deficiency in horses might reveal common signs of excitability, nervousness, muscle tremors, and wariness. This is the reason why magnesium has the reputation of imparting a calming effect on the equines.
A horse that is deficient in Magnesium could reveal poor tolerance to work while its muscles to get tired easily. At the same time, Magnesium also plays a vital role in reducing obesity in equines. Moreover, it can lessen the overall risk of the occurrence of laminitis in horses that might be prone to the disease during periods of strong grass growth in springs.
Table of Content
- 1 Types of Magnesium Supplements for Horses
- 2 Top Benefits of Including Magnesium Supplements in Horse’s Diet
- 3 Top 5 Editor’s Choice
- 4 5 Best-Selling Magnesium Supplement for Horses
- 5 Best Magnesium Supplement for Horses Buyer’s Guide
- 6 Conclusion
Types of Magnesium Supplements for Horses
There are several types of Magnesium supplements for horses –depending on the overall order of concentration. Some of the most common variants are:
- Magnesium Oxide: containing around 56.2 percent of Magnesium (quite bitter in taste)
- Magnesium Carbonate: containing around 28.8 percent Magnesium (well-tolerated by equines)
- Magnesium Aspartate: around 20 percent Magnesium along with amino acids and highly bioavailable
- Magnesium Citrate: containing around 11 percent of Magnesium with a better taste
- Magnesium Malate –containing around 15 percent Magnesium and rich in natural fruits, nuts, and grains
- Magnesium Proteinate: containing around 10 percent of Magnesium and highly bioavailable
- Magnesium Sulfate –Containing around 9 percent of Magnesium and tends to impart a laxative effective significantly
Top Benefits of Including Magnesium Supplements in Horse’s Diet
It is important to note that Magnesium is known to play a vital role in the overall nerve function of the horse. While Magnesium helps with reducing signs of anxiousness, nervousness, and muscle tremors in the horse’s body, it is still recommended to know about the right dosage of providing the Magnesium supplements to your equines. Therefore, you should stick to the recommended dosage of the right Magnesium supplements to the animal. You should also know that excess of Magnesium is going to be excreted through horse urine. Still, significant overdose of the supplements could be linked with heart-related problems or difficulties in the renal system.
In addition to Magnesium, the presence of ample fat, calcium, and phosphorus also play a vital role in imparting good health to the horse. In this post, we will discuss about some of the top variants of Magnesium supplements that you can consider buying for your equine.
Top 5 Editor’s Choice
|Uckele Magnesium Oxide, Horse Supplement, 10 lb||20 Reviews||Check price|
|Foxden Equine Quiessence - 3.5lb||18 Reviews||Check price|
|Quiessence Foxden Equine 3.5 lb Banana Flavored...||18 Reviews||Check price|
|VIA-CALM 5 lb PAIL 90452 PAIL 90452||180 Reviews||Check price|
|Uckele Magnesium Oxide 58%, Highly Concentrated,...||Check price|
5 Best-Selling Magnesium Supplement for Horses
Uckele Magnesium Oxide
It is one of the best options to select when you wish to deliver the best range of Magnesium supplements to your horse. It is an inorganic form of Magnesium with its higher concentration. The Magnesium present in this supplement is capable of improving insulin sensitivity and the overall process of sugar metabolism. Moreover, it also helps in ensuring the overall proper functioning of the muscles, heart, and the nervous system.
The Uckele Magnesium Oxide for horses is one of the most concentrated formulae available out there. Therefore, you can consider feeding the same less to your equines.
- Provision of 1340 days of supply with the 10-pound bag
- Great for horse’s health
- Highly concentrated
It is yet another great equine Magnesium supplement that helps in supporting balanced and calm attitude of the horses. The supplement is regarded as the best solution for horses that are nervous or tensed. It is also recommended for the horses revealing poor concentration or learning skills. The supplement also works great for horses having muddled up or sore muscles or specific nerve conditions.
The best part is that it is free from drugs. Quiescence is known to have no side-effects on the animal consuming it. It can also help in improving the overall peripheral circulation.
- Beneficial for horses in health point of view
- No side effects
- Not recommended for horses having kidney-related problems
Foxden Equine Quiescence
It is yet another series of supplements containing Magnesium for horses that imparts a wide range of potential health benefits. Whether your horse is suffering from nervousness or is in a tensed state, the all-new range of Foxden Quiescence for horses is the best solution out there. The supplement is regarded as a recommended solution for horses having specific nerve conditions.
In case your equine has a cresty-necked structure, then you can give the Foxden Quiescence supplement that can help in reducing the crest while also assisting in preventing its formation.
- Providing a wide range of potential health benefits
- Supporting normal glucose metabolism in the body
- Not recommended for pregnant animals
AniMed Via Calm
It is one of the top-rated Magnesium supplements that you cannot simply overlook. In addition to being a rich source of Magnesium, this supplement is also regarded to be rich in calcium, thiamine, and I-tryptophan. The given combination is usually regarded as perfect for high-strung, agitated, and nervous horses.
The supplement is known to combine several ingredients that provide an ultimate calming effect to the animal. At the same time, it also helps in maintaining the normal emotional balance of the horse. The supplement is well-suited for horses that are going through some stressful situation like a competition or training.
- Calming effect on the equines
- Boosts the nutritional intake of horses
- Recommended for horses undergoing intense training
Uckele Magnesium Oxide 58%
This leading supplement rich in Magnesium is known for imparting a highly concentrated form of Magnesium to the animals. The best part of this supplement is that it helps in promoting muscle & heart function, sugar metabolism, and normal functioning of the nervous system. Moreover, the presence of Magnesium in abundance can also help in regulating insulin function while keeping the blood vessels dilated normally.
- Provision of 360-days of supply with a jar of 2 pounds
- Supporting a wide range of potential health benefits
- Higher concentration of Magnesium
Best Magnesium Supplement for Horses Buyer’s Guide
When you wish to purchase the right Magnesium supplement for the horses, there are some vital factors to consider. These are:
- Amount of Magnesium in the Product: To achieve the desired results for the animal, it is recommended to choose the product with the right amount of Magnesium in it. For instance, if you are looking forward to feeding enough of the products to the diet of 10gram per day of Magnesium, then you should search for something having around 17 grams of Magnesium Oxide.
- Palatability: The supplement should be bioavailable to make it available for horse’s consumption.
- Cost: You should also consider the overall cost of the given supplement.
- Physical Availability: Most of the obscure forms of Magnesium are difficult to obtain. Therefore, you should check into the physical availability of the product as well.
Delivering the best source of Magnesium to horses through supplements is an important consideration. Depending on the specific condition of your animal, you should think about purchasing the right Magnesium supplement. Go through the detailed guide and bring home the right supplement for optimal health of your equine.