The movement for more ‘gentle’ methods of training horses has grown in the last couple of years. And for a good reason as well. Making use of gentle training techniques increases the relationship and bond between the horse and the rider, thereby ensuring better-ridden manners and behaviors, both on the ground and off it. A bitless bridle will remove pressure from your horse’s mouth and nose.
Table of Content
Top 4 Best Rated Bitless Bridles for Strong Horse
|Weaver Leather Justin Dunn Bitless Bridle||30 Reviews||Check price|
|Ultimate Bitless Bridle (Black, Regular/Horse||8 Reviews||Check price|
|ExionPro Fancy Designer Stitched Square Raised Snaffle...||2 Reviews||Check price|
|Royal King Rawhide Double Rope Side Pull||16 Reviews||Check price|
Now, let us take a look at the four topmost bitless bridles for strong horses.
Justin Dunn Bitless Bridle
- Durable, weather-resistant harness leather
- Dipped in oil and dressed with butter
- Leather is hand Rubbed for a great feel
- Two strategically placed Knots encourage horse to give to pressure and seek release
The Justin Dunn leather bridle is a beautiful bridle that comes without reins so that you can put your own reins into it. It is a good investment because it is a well-made, strong, and high-quality product. The design is effective and gentle, which will improve the communication between the rider and the horse. The nose is made from premium tan rope that has two smartly-placed knots that will encourage your horse to give to pressure-and-seek release.
- While there is no padding with the bridle, the leather is soft and supple, thereby allowing comfort
- The availability of the bridle in different colors allows you to match it to your color scheme
- Even for a strong horse with immense strength, this bridle can withstand heavy use
- Even with proper adjustments, the buckles tend to end up almost parallel to the eyes of your horse, which can make them quite uncomfortable
Ultimate Bitless Bridle – Classic Biothane
- US Patent No. 8,789,349 - A Revolution in Bitless Bridle Design - Unique Double Noseband Double Crossunder Reinstraps automatically adjust underneath the jaw. What makes this the 'Ultimate' Bitless Bridle (UBB)?
- 1) Ultimate Stability - The UBB will never twist or shift position when a single rein is pulled, a feature no other bridle can replicate due to our patented design.
- 2) Simplicity and Freedom - The UBB's patented design eliminates the restricting chin strap and throat latch. It is super easy to put on and your horse's mouth is never restricted. Your horse always has the opportunity to release and lick and chew, an integral feature which no other bridle can replicate.
- 3) Connection - The UBB has built in ELASTIC for a quick release and soft contact. The opposing pressure points created by the double noseband system, balance rein pressure on the nose (no twisting or movement of the bridle) with much less pressure being transferred to the poll when compared to similar cross under strap bitless bridles.
- 4) Versatility - The UBB is multifunctional. It can function as a halter by clipping into both reinstrap rings or be used as a bridle to drive, lunge, or ride with no adjustments required, another feature unique to this bridle.
The bitless bridle by Biothane is a strong bridle for horses that will never develop mold or rot. It is made of only top-quality materials and comprises mostly of metal components. The bridle is extremely soft and durable, thereby making it a perfect tool for all sorts of horse riding, like driving, lunging, tacking up, etc. It is also one of the only bridles that will allow your horse complete freedom while offering control and security of a traditional bridle.
- The quality of the bridle is such that it will last you for more than 2-3 years of continuous use
- While it might be tough to get the bridle on your horse, the animal will definitely love the bitless bridle
- Since there is no permanent cinched component, your horse can wear the bridle and continue with its daily activities, like grazing and chewing
- The bridle does not release the pressure immediately, which might force your horse to open its jaws for release.
ExionPro Fancy Raised Leather Bridle
- Type of Bridle: Jumping Bridle |Padding Type: Calf Skin Padding
- Leather Quality: Choice of Vegetable Tanned Leather/ European English Leather/ English Cow Leather
- Browband: Fancy Square Raised Padded Browband | Noseband Type: Fancy Square Noseband with Detachable Flash
- Type of Headpiece: Soft Comfort Padded Monocrown Headpiece
- Reins and Buckle Type: Soft yet Strong Rubber Reins With Premium Quality Stainless Steel Buckles
The ExionPro Fancy bridle is designed to make the appearance of your horse more graceful. The classical and fancy stitching has also been imparted on the reins for a more traditional impression. The quality of the product is quite rich and it is made with elite-quality leather. This leather is only used to deliver a smooth finish, along with attractive looks. The premium quality of the buckles will last for a long time and provide additional comfort.
- For the price, the bridle is made up of surprisingly high-quality materials
- The stitching is quite tight and overall seems like a well-constructed bridle
- The softness of the padding is distinct and unique for this bridle, hence making it comfortable and animal-friendly
- The ExionPro bridle’s standard size tends to be a tight fit for some types of horses, thus leading to control and comfortability issues
Royal King Rawhide Double Rope Side Pull
This side pulls double rope bridle by Royal Kind has been designed to snuggly fit on your horse’s nose and cup the jaw for fast engagement and release. The product is great for stopping, bending, and collection. Pressure applied from the rawhide nose helps when turning and bending, while the metal chin helps in stopping and collection. The bridle has been designed to work with light contact.
- Fitted with the best components that will prove to be comfortable on your horse
- Made of materials that will make sure it lasts for a long time to come
- The materials are extremely comfortable and your horse will love the bridle
- While the materials used to make the bridle offer comfort, the bridle is only made for docile horses and cannot be used on young, rebellious, and energetic horses
Bitless Bridle Buying Guide
You need to take the following into account while choosing the perfect bitless bridle for your horse:
If your horse is sensitive, you need to opt for a looser fitting bridle so that the release is good and according to their preference. If the horse is not so responsive, you can use almost any type of bridle on it.
Your desired activities
The type of bridle you choose, especially when it comes to materials and design, depends on the type of activities you are engaged in with your horse. If you like walking or riding long trails or endurance riding, you need to use a bridle that can also tie your horse safely. If you ride in a club or simply showcase your horse, you can go for a more traditional looking bridle.
A well-trained horse can accept almost any type of bridle because it will be listening to the leg aids and seat more than the reins. But, for horses with a history for comfort, you can use a side pull style bridle (especially for young horses) as they can have problems with cross-under styles and mechanical hackamores. These bridles should be avoided until they fully understand the concept of directional pressure.
If you want to make the life of your horse more comfortable, make your riding career more rewarding, and have a more contented connection with your pet, you should opt for a bitless bridle. While the control remains the same as with a bit, you will be able to talk and feel your horse better without creating any stress for them. A bitless bridle should be on the top of your list of priorities.